Archive for November, 2012
Suspension – Miami Sky
November 30, 2012
The LEGO Store – Aventura Mall
November 29, 2012
Home made rum balls – let the holidays begin!
November 25, 2012
After several requests for the recipe – here it is. This is my husband’s grandmother’s recipe.
Marcie Verkest’s Rum Balls
– originally Bourbon Balls
1 – 6 oz pack or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup sugar
3 tb spoons or 1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup bourbon or rum
2.5 cups (5 doz) vanilla wafers (crushed fine) – or 1 box 12 oz.
1 cup walnuts chopped fine
- melt chocolate morsels over hot water.
- remove from heat, stir in sugar and syrup.
- blend in bourbon/rum
- combine crushed wafers and walnuts
- add chocolate mixture to wafers
- mix well
- shape batter into balls
- roll them in granulated sugar
- let balls sit in covered container several day to ripen
- makes about 3 doz (depending on size of balls)